Saturday 27 July 2013

Day 53 - Lough Derg

I woke around 6:30 and got up a little after 7AM. I had a shower which was cold despite there being hot water at the sink. I'll have to figure the tap out.

When I came out the boys joined me and I decided to move it over to the Australian parking area. On the way I asked if Michael would like to go out for a sail. He did so I suggested we have breakfast out on the water. Timothy decided to come to so we got our cereal and got into sailing gear and set off. The wind was light and steady and the water very still. It was a very nice way to start the day.

When we returned it was time to get started on measurement and registration. Most of the measurement had already been done with the exception of the buoyancy test and the sails. It took a while to get hold of the sails we will be using and while they all measured okay, the main had ton have the IRL letters removed and should have AUS letters stuck on but these are still coming from a UK sailmaker.

I was hoping to sail this afternoon but we still have to figure out how to rig the spinnaker pole and Timothy wasn't keen. Its been drizzling pretty much all day and the wind is too light for us to learn much anyway. Thankfully its not cold.

We drove back to Nenagh, the town around 7km away mid afternoon. We shopped for thongs (flop flops) and a few groceries. We also found a book for Michael to read but couldn't find the next Harry Potter book for Timothy which brought out a few tears. I think he is very tired.

Tonight there is a dinner on at the club and the lady doing the catering seems very keen to feed us some nice fish some are looking forward to something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment