Saturday 13 July 2013

Days 38 and 39 - Copenhagen to Billund

The night in Copenhagen was good and I think we all slept well. I might have slept better if I was confident that I could transfer money into the cash card account I'm using overseas. Thankfully, after a really big breakfast Ros was on Skype and was able to do the transfers for me. At least I think she did. I still haven't been able to take any money out.

I had made a bit of a blunder when buying the parking ticket as I had paid until noon and later discovered that the Tivoli Gardens don't open until 11. In the end though, that was fine. We walked around the old (touristy) town and returned at 12 to the car bough parking until 4PM and then went to the gardens. While the gardens are superb the site is dominated by restaurants. One quarter of the site is filled with amusement park rides. The boys were quite adamant that they did not want it go on any rides so I bought an entry only ticket. I should have known netter because when we got over to that area they immediately decided that they wanted to take a boat ride. Then Michael wanted a ride a the carousel. So I had to buy tickets at a rather recalcitrant vending machine. Still we all had fun.

We had lunch on the pirate ship restaurant. How could I drag them anywhere else. The food was not up to much but the boys didn't care a jot. They dressed up and ran around with pistols and cutlasses. They had a great time.

We then drove on to Roskilde where we camped for the night. The camp site was picturesque. It is set right next to the fjord and has sections divided by tall hedges. There was a playground and a bouncing pillow for the boys so I didn't see them until the tent was up and the mattresses inflated. I had to go and find them so that we could go for a drive to get breakfast and lunch things and then go the the harbour for fish and chips.

This morning they played while I packed up the tent and such. Then we had breakfast and drove back to the harbour to the Viking ship museum. This was great. We even got to go for a row and sail in a small replica Viking boat in the fjord. After that the boys wanted to stamp a coin for themselves and Michael wanted to paint a Viking shield. We left about 4:30PM about two hours later than I had hoped.

It was a good drive to Legoland but I couldn't find the camping place at first. Its quite huge and legoland looks to be the busiest place in the world. We will go I. Tomorrow and find out.

Time for bed. We are all exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment