Friday 14 June 2013

Day 10 - Krasnoyarsk

After a 6:15 start I drove the remaining 300km to Krasnoyarsk stopping for petrol and pancakes and tea. I arrived at the outskirts of town around 11:30.

Yuri Melnikov, the champion shipping agent in Vladivostok, used his extensive contacts to put me in touch with Mikhail Bochkarev a mechanic with a passion for travelling. He and his colleagues at Korjeja Motors new of a small factory that makes windscreens. For $300 they will cut and shape a new laminated windscreen. That's about the same price as it would be at home but a big proportion of a car worth $2000 and getting less by other day. Still, it means I'll be on the road again tomorrow evening.

While I've had time and no car, I've been walking around some of the town getting lost. Its good to see something of Russia other than what you see from the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment