Tuesday 4 June 2013

The car arrives

After Yuri and Svetlana spent much of the day getting the bill of lading from Fresco and then submitting the customs documents, the car was ready to be collected around 5PM. I wasn't allowed into the dock area so Yuri had to drive it out. Unfortunately it wouldn't start so needed a battery jumper.

Everything was as I had left it in Fremantle except that the spare rotorflexes and oil filter were non where I'd left them. I then followed Yuri's van very closely back to the hostel where I stayed the night.

Earlier in the day I had met two Brits, Dave and Mike. I met them again by chance at the cafe I ate last night along with Bruce another Brit.  Dave has a Mini Van hopefully being released today and is driving through Siberia and into Kazakhstan.  Mike and Bruce will be heading into Mongolia on motorcycles when they get out of customs. We also chatted to Lewis, a Kiwi, who has a big motorcycle and is taking the same route as Dave. I expect to see them all again over the next few days as they pass me.

I would sincerely recommend Link Ltd to anyone shipping a car or bike either into or out of Vladivostok. Both Yuri and Svetlana speak English very well and are very patient. They understand the process and the options intimately and their fee is tiny in the scheme of things. Thank you both for all the extra stuff. It really make a world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment