Monday 10 June 2013

Day 5 - Spega to Chita



Today was a short day of driving with less than 500lm to do. The forested hills gave way to flatter farmland. These were first areas I'd recognise as farms with a farmhouse and sheds and all. The previous cropping on the plane were vast tracts with no sign of habitation. There were little villages where everyone's quarter acre back yard was ploughed for some crop' presumably potatoes.

About 150km out I realised how spoiled I'd been with the e quality of the roads for the last few hundred km. Normality returned with the surface becoming rougher the road becoming narrower and there no being passing lanes up every hill.

I arrived in Chita a little after 3PM and found it a bit of a shock. It was busy and fairly crowded. I had hoped to get the wire for the inverter and perhaps find a workshop to take a look at the carburetor and reseal the sump. At least I found some wire. I also found a telephone shop and got a lad who spoke passable English to show me how to add credit to my account.  He suggested I eat at Subway as they had WiFi but in the end it wasn't working. By the time I had found a hotel on the Internet and then found it on the ground, it was around 7PM. The hotel turned out not to have hot water and their WiFi was on the blink. I wish I had kept on driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment