Thursday 13 June 2013

Day 8 - Irkutsk - Zima

The workshop where the imp was opened at 10AM so I had to wait before getting cracking. I pulled the radiator out because with my modified air scoop you can't get the sump off. Then I cleaned out the carburetor. The only problem there was a blocked idle jet. The hole I. These is tiny but I cleaned it out with a toothbrush and air line. One of the mechanics and I removed the sump and he cleaned the joins and applied new sealant while I check various nuts and bolts for tightness. Then we put the sump back on and tried it. However, no sparks. It turned out that the carbon rod that contacts the rotor arm and the post for the high tension lead from the coil had worn down and WAC not making contact. It took the main mechanic a couple of hours to find a replacement carbon rod and file it down to fit.

The car is running better for all that work. I set off towards Krasnoyarsk about 2:30PM. I stopped to have some food and Skype Ros and the boys at 8PM and then continued on to about 10km past Zima - about 780 km to Krasnoyarsk. I'm camped a few hundred metres off the highway. I hope it doesn't rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment